Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Raw Snickers Slab




I made Livia's Raw Snicker Slab twice in the past 2 weeks ~ so I guess you could say it's my new favorite snack❤️❤️❤️ The chocolate and carmel flavors remind me of a Snicker's bar and the chocolate and coconut flavors remind me of an Almond Joy... wow, the deliciousness of two great candy bars without the refined sugar, wheat or dairy (not to mention preservatives ;o) I'm sure you'll also love these tasty treats filled with raw chocolate, peanuts, and dates.

Since Livia's recipe was in UK measurements, I did my best converting it to US measurements ~ may not be exact, but they worked for me. 

Note: I don't recommend trying this recipe without a food processor😏

Ingredients

Nougat Base
  • 1 1/4 cups ground rolled oats
  • 1 cup ground almonds 
  • 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract

Peanut Carmel 
  • 2 cups pitted dates
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3/8 cup natural peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup peanuts


Raw Chocolate
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup cacao powder
  • 2 tsp vanilla powder or extract
  • Pinch of salt
  • 4 Tbsp pure maple syrup

Recipe

Step 1: Grind oats in food processor to a flour consistency. Add other Nougat ingredients and pulse until mixture sticks together. 


Press mixture into an 9 by 9 inch pan lined with wax paper. Place in freezer while making Peanut Carmel mixture.

Step 2: Add dates to food processor and pulse until mixture is pasty. Add other Peanut Carmel ingredients, except peanuts, and pulse until mixture is smooth. Add peanuts and pulse a few more times to combine. Remove pan from freezer and spread Peanut Carmel mixture over the Nougat base. Return pan to freezer.

Step 3: Melt the coconut oil in a double boiler; add other Raw Chocolate Topping ingredients and stir until thoroughly combined and smooth. Remove pan from freezer and pour Raw Chocolate Topping over the Peanut Carmel mixture. 

Place back in freezer for an hour, or until chocolate mixture hardens. After removing from freezer, let sit for about 15 minutes before slicing to prevent it from cracking. Good luck ~ I hope you enjoy these as much as I do❤️ 

~liviaskitchen.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment